Trusty Tamban Hooks
Classic Bedok Jetty Rig for Tambans!
Tambans fish can be used as live bait for bigger fish!
Trusty Tamban Hook
Fishing Rigs for Bedok Jetty, Labrador Park Jetty, and Offshore!
- Each pack comes with a Tamban Rig & 20g sinker.
- The rig has a snap swivel attached for you to clip the sinker on. SGFishingRigz’s Trusty Tamban Hooks is a 100% hand-tied rig.
- We use feathers instead of synthetic fish skin as they provide a better catch rate in our local waters.
- Sometimes the Tamban would prefer to go for white feathers, at others they would prefer to go for the green.
- As such, we have used both white and green feathers on each hook. This will allow you to have a better chance at catching even more Tamban!
- These rigs are best to use when fishing at Bedok Jetty or Labrador Park.
- You can catch a variety of species on this rig; Tamban, Selar, Baby Queenfish.
Tips on Catching Tamban
Catching these Tamban fish is fairly easy and fun. They are in abundance at Bedok Jetty and Labrador Jetty. In fact Bedok jetty is known as home of the Tambans. To start, simply tie the Trusty Tamban Set to your line, attached the sinker which comes with the trusty Tamban hook set and you are ready to go.
Next, drop down the hooks and the Tambans will get hooked themselves. You can also try to shake (jig) the hooks to attract the Tamban fish.
Best time to catch them is morning 7am to 10am and afternoon around 4pm or during rising tide. Do remember to fish only what you need. There are anglers that fish for Tambans only to leave them to die by the Jetty.
Or Visit Our Shop @ #07-04, Paya Lebar Square
Beside Paya Lebar MRT, (Mon to Sun, 12pm to 7pm daily)
See Map & Address of SGFishingRigz Shop
Other Hand-Tied SG Fishing Rigs
- Stingray Rig
- Catch n Release Rig
- Heavy Duty Single Apollo
- Pond Multiplier Rigs
- Multi Species Rig
- Long Snood Rig
- Bottom Offshore Rig
- Boat Rig (Combo Pack)
- Trusty Tamban Rig