Mussels are a prime source of food for fish in seawater and freshwater. That makes them an ideal bait for fishing.
Here's how to Use Mussels as Bait;
1. Grap Some Fresh Mussels &
Scoop the Meat Out
Remember to Keep The Mussels Juice
2. Put The Meat & Juice in a Airtight Bag
& Freeze The Meat Overnight
Once the fresh mussels are frozen into a solid block. Baiting the hook is as simple as cutting a chunk of frozen mussel from the block and threading that over the hook.
3. Use a Single Apollo or Double Apollo Rig with Size 3/0 Hook
Attached The Mussels to the Hook
4. Use a Elastic Thread to Secure the Mussels to the Hook
Go as Many Rounds as Possible!
5. Final Presentation of Bait
This is How Your Bait Should Look Like
6. Cast Your Bait & Wait....
Remember to Keep You Lines Tight
Enjoy The Scenery While Waiting for The Fish...
Loves Mussels, Clams, Squids & Small Fishes
Most fish species will readily accept a well presented mussel as bait. Mussels works well for both pelagic and bottom feeding fish. Snappers Loves Fresh Baits.
These are the things you will need
- Fresh Mussels (1kg = $9. You can get them from most supermarkets)
- Elastic Bait Thread
- Single Apollo Rig or Double Apollo Rig
- Shorecasting Rods